The East Cleveland Township Cemetery is located at 1621 East 118th Street, just north on East 118th Street off Euclid Avenue. The cemetery was founded on August 31, 1859 by the East Cleveland Township which is no longer in existence. The cemetery property was part of an annexation that took place in 1892 and the cemetery itself has been in the City of Cleveland since that date.
The Cemetery is now owned and operated by the East Cleveland Township Cemetery Foundation. On November 7, 2009, the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Ohio presented to the Cleveland Town Committee a check representing the completion of a $10,000 matching grant earmarked for the East Cleveland Township Cemetery.